Thursday, May 19, 2016

Texas Rangers 2B Rougned Odor Is Now The Envy Of Fat Guys Everywhere

I am not the type that gets envious of anyone, but I have to admit--I am a little jealous of Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor.Not because he is a professional baseball player. Not because he gets paid a lot more than I do. Not because he has a much better right than I do.

But because the man has been offered barbecue for life.

@EaterDallas
During a recent game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor decided he didn't like how Jose Bautista slid into him. So he popped him--and he popped him good. The hit was so good that it earned him an 8-game suspension. He has said he plans on appealing, but there is little chance that he sees a reduction.

A local establishment, Heim Barbecue, has decided that what earned him a suspension, was also worth free BBQ-- for the rest of his life:
"We just thought it would be a funny thing if we [gave] Rougie free food because he wasn't the only one who wanted to punch Bautista after last year, so you know, it's kind of a justice, a little bit," Heim said,
As a fat guy, I can honestly say I would make use of that deal quite often. Then again, there is a reason why I'm a fat guy and not a professional athlete. I think I gained a pound just looking at that picture.

[B/R]

No comments:

Post a Comment