Friday, March 11, 2016

Why Are Public Toilets So Anti-Fat Guy?

If there is one thing you can count on from fat guys, it is that they are going to have to go to the bathroom quite a bit. It's nature. When you eat as much as we do--and especially what we often do eat--nature is going to call. When it does, you are going to have to answer no matter where you are.

Businesses, restaurants, movie theaters, and countless other public establishments know this so they have bathrooms for the public to use. However, even though they know that the majority of the country is overweight their toilets cater to the minority--skinny people.

via Giphy
Recently I had to spend a little time in a hospital waiting room. During my visit, my breakfast of coffee and Lean Pockets caught up with me and I had to go. So I did, but when I sat down on the toilet I was forced to sit with my legs turned to the side and close together because the walls were so close together and there was not room for me to sit like a normal person because of the toilet paper dispenser.

The act of pooping can be challenging enough, but then when you have to wipe...if there isn't space to sit do you think there is space to wipe (comfortably, that is because you have to wipe)?

I've had this problem at movie theaters, restaurants, gas stations, and countless other places so it is not just the hospital. As for planes--I'm lucky if I can close the door in a plane bathroom let alone urinate in one (poop? forget about it!).

There are many more above averaged sized folks than average sized ones so to the marketplace in general I have one thing to say--WHAT THE *UCK?!?!?!?

For some places I can see why they wouldn't care, but you would think bars and restaurants would be a little more sensitive to the needs of their overweight customers.

Is it just too expensive to make the bathroom two feet wider so people can poop without cramping?

We like to poop in peace too--and then buy more food now that we've created room!



Share on Fancred

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't want the world to cater to me because of what I have done to myself. If I have let my weight get out of control and can no longer fit in chairs,bathroom stalls or what have you. It's time for me to get to work. I have had weight issues my whole life and it is nobody's fault but my own.

    ReplyDelete